I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Thursday, August 30, 2012

Feature & Follow (4)

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet  people and gain more  followers in the book blogging community.

Q: Best cover?  What is the best cover of a book that you've read and didn't like?

On Parajunkee this is the question, so I'll do both and have all bases covered! This is a really hard one for me! I suppose most of the books I didn't like, also didn't really have great covers.  But for now I'll say Jane by Marielena Zuniga.  It's a really pretty, aesthetically pleasing cover - and the desolate landscape evokes the moors for the Jane Eyre reference.  The book itself included too many verbatim passages from Jane Eyre to really make it standout as it's own book and so I was disappointed by that.






Q: Best cover?  What is the best cover of a book that you've read and loved?

On Alison Can Read this is the question - so I pick Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson (I'm mainly sticking to recent reads for this)  Lovely Regency read, so a girl in a period dress, and a stately manor is perfect!  And I love the font for Edenbrooke as well!







Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

14 comments:

  1. Love the cover for Edenbrooke. I'll have to look into it.

    Thanks for following me! I'm following you back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either of these, but I agree they're both very pretty. I'm especially loving the one for Edenbrooke. Both the manor and the historic dress pull me in. I'll have to look into these now!

    My FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I haven't been to Allison's blog yet...so they're not in sync this week huh? No wonder things have been interesting so far....!

    Have a good weekend!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. old follower here. I havent read those yet but am glad you shared you're thoughts about them :D thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for informing us that they're not in sync this week. I was super confused there. :)
    Oh, and if it isn't too much trouble, could you recommend some good regency era books?

    New follower via email and WordPress.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read those book.

    My FF - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of these books. New follower :)



    World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not heard of either of those books. I like your blog, new follower! Anyone who likes Gene Kelly movies can't be half bad..lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize there were two different questions LOL I was thinking if I had to pick a cover it would be of Edenbrooke too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting choices. I like your blog a lot. New follower. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower via GFC
    Check out MF FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you answered both! You're awesome.

    New follower via GFC!

    I'd love for you to check out my FF at Between the Bind.

    xo,
    Jenna Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog! I followed you back via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a new follower!
    Those are great choices of books!

    Follow back at www.stuffedshelves.com

    ReplyDelete