I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, August 11, 2013

Suspense Sundays (57) My Own Murderer

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.   {My archive list of episodes}


"My Own Murderer"
Air date: May 24, 1945
Starring Herbert Marshall, Norman Lloyd
>>Episodes here<<

Richard, a lawyer receives a visit from his kind of friend (seems more of a love/hate thing) by the name of Alan who has just done in his butler for trying to blackmail him.  The butler had some incriminating love letters from a married woman in his possession, and Alan couldn't let the butler get away with it.  Alan tells Richard he has to help him beat a murder rap, or he will go in for two murders instead of one.  Richard hides Alan and plans for Alan to be declared dead and assume a new identity.  But it seems like Richard might not be too keen for Alan to survive.

Well Alan seemed like a thoroughly unpleasant fellow - not sure why he has any friends or girlfriends - but that's another thing.  I'm not sure what the motivations for what some people were doing in this story was, the story seemed a bit rushed, as there were lots of things to get through.  I may have missed something actually as it seemed unexplained why Richard seemed to have it in for a particular doctor.  And then Alan seemed to have something in for him as well, but that is part of the surprise reveal in the end.  It was easy to guess what Richard was planning and the resolution was not very believable so the only thing I really liked about this episode was the irony of the title.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment