I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Sunday, November 3, 2013

Suspense Sundays (69) Three Blind Mice

Posted by Charlene // Tags: ,
Suspense was a radio series from 1942 to 1962.  I have a fondness for "Old Time Radio" as we call it now, and Suspense is my favorite show.  It sets up weird, dark, scary, or intriguing stories with a plot twist in the end, and all in half an hour.  For Suspense Sundays I'll give a short review of an episode.   {My archive list of episodes}


"Three Blind Mice"
Air date: January 30, 1947
Starring Van Hefler
>>Episodes here<<

Mr. Lockwood owns a successful publishing company with two other partners.  Who he dislikes very much.  And unfortunately they dislike him too and might even try to edge him out.  When Mr. Lockwood finds one of his partners has committed suicide in his office, Mr. Lockwood makes it look like the other partner murdered him.  The man is arrested, and sentenced to death and Mr. Lockwood thinks he's gotten away with everything.  But he does have a weakness - in the form of a woman.

This is such a twisty episode!  So many hidden motivations, that it's difficult to figure out how this story ends.  I was suspicious about a few things, but I definitely underestimated a few characters.  I might have even felt sorry in the end for Mr. Lockwood though he didn't deserve it.  I love episodes like this which are difficult to guess, and has characters you actually care about.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment