I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Monday, April 20, 2015

Disney Princess Tag

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , ,
Soudha from Of Stacks and Cups created this fun book tag that centers around Disney Princesses, and I couldn't resist joining in with matching some books to the different Princesses!  Please visit Soudha's post for her answers, and feel free to do this tag if you are so inclined!

Disney Princess Facts:
  1. Favorite Disney movie/Princess is The Little Mermaid/Ariel
  2. I think though that if I had to pick one Princess to be, I would pick Belle - she's so smart and bookish, and the Beast is ultimately a sweetheart.
  3. I'm a little afraid to say this, but I have not yet watched Pocahontas or Brave!  (I will though, I promise!!)

1. Snow White - Name your favorite classic


Easiest category for me on this list!  Of course I had to pick Jane Eyre!  My absolute favorite book, with a strong, admirable heroine, a gorgeous romance and some mystery and heartache.


2. Cinderella - Name a book that kept you reading well past your bedtime


I was able to read an advance copy of Hidden Huntress - the sequel to Danielle Jensen's Stolen Songbird, and it was a fantastic read!  Full of twists and turns - just when I thought things were figured out, something majorly unexpected happened.  It's a perfect second book, and I am so looking forward to the third!

3. Aurora - Name your favorite classic romance


Since I've already named Jane Eyre, I'll name the love of the Blakeneys for this - The Scarlet Pimpernel is all about swashbuckling adventure, but at it's heart, Marguerite mourns for the loss of her husband's affection, and the way they find their way back to each other is touchingly sweet.  And so very romantic!

4. Ariel - Name a book that's about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams


Blackmoore is a historical romance, but it centers around Kate, who knows what she wants and has to fight the social customs and her family expectations to get it.  In her attempt to win the freedom to choose her own path, she makes a bargain with her mother that results in her having to make a very difficult choice, but it does let her lead the life she wanted.  The romance was a great aspect of this book, but it's Kate and her strength to fulfill her dream that made me really love this book!

5. Belle - Name a book with a smart and independent female character


While the title "Finnikin of the Rock" features the main male lead, the main female lead - Evanjalin is possibly a bigger part of the story.  Definitely a very important catalyst.  It's interesting that at first she came off a bit unlikable to me because she had to make all the hard choices, but in the end it's clear that while she had to do some difficult things, it was all for the best and she is an amazingly strong and capable character.  And Finnikin would have been utterly lost without her!

6. Jasmine - Name a book with a character who challenged the social conventions of his or her world


I just finished the third book in this historical thriller trilogy so this series is fresh in my mind.  In The Crown (the first book) the main character - Joanna is intent on becoming a nun, but is drawn into a mystery both historical and political as she struggles with her conventional place in 16th century England.  Joanna is a wonderful character - determined, intelligent and compassionate, and this series is one of my favorites - I love the world the author has created and Joanna is the perfect heroine to lead the reader into it.

7. Pocahontas - Name a book whose ending was a roller-coaster of emotions


Heir of Fire is a book that kind of sneaks up on you. There are three plot lines intermingling, with all of their own degree of suspense and danger, but manageable, until the end when things start getting crazy, and there are too many feels going around for you to keep track of.  There's triumph and anger, and deep heartache, and just knowing that this is basically the middle book in the series has me seriously afraid of what more highs and painful lows this series has in store.

8. Mulan - Name a book with a kick-ass female character


Sybella was such an interesting character in the first of the His Fair Assassin book, so I was happy to know that Sybella gets her own story in the second book "Dark Triumph".  She's a strong and deadly fighter, but in this book, there is much more to her character, and it was wonderful to see just how layered she was underneath her flinty exterior.

9. Tiana - Name a book featuring a hardworking, self-made character


I only read Anne of Green Gables recently, so I'm very late to the fan club, but this book immediately won me over when I read it, and it had all to do with the passionately alive Anne Shirley.  Even though she can get into a few scrapes, she works hard and achieves so much  - she is a wonderful character to love.  (P.S. when I picked this book for this tag, I googled Anne of Green Gables and came across the heartbreaking news that Jonathan Crombie, who played Gilbert in the miniseries, passed away.  So shocking and tragic. He was perfect as Gilbert.)

10. Rapunzel - Name a book that features an artist


In Austenland, the main character, Jane, is a graphic designer, but also a great artist, and while at Austenland she is given an opportunity to take up her old love.  That opportunity being a heart-warming romantic gesture from the "Mr. Darcy" character - Mr. Nobley.  The artist plot line is a wonderful way to see how much Mr. Nobley comes to care for Jane!

11. Merida - Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship


Another Melina Marchetta book on my list!  But for character relationships, she's the best.  In "Saving Francesca", Francesca's mother has a breakdown and the consequences of that determine a lot of what happens in the novel.  The repercussions were not always obvious at first, so it was fascinating how Melina showed just how it affected all the members of Francesca's family.

12. Anna and Elsa - Name a book that features a great relationship between siblings


I was actually reminded of Frozen a bit in the relationship between Adelina and her sister (well towards the end)  The whole powers thing probably helped with that.  This isn't a light or sweet story though, so the fact that we have such a complex, yet touching relationship between the sisters brings  much needed light to this novel where some very sad things happen.  I was so enamored with this book though, I look forward to seeing where Marie Lu will take it!  

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment