I now blog over at The Eyre Guide! This blog is an archive of my past posts.


Friday, November 6, 2015

Something Strange and Deadly Readalong - Discussion #2

Posted by Charlene // Tags: , ,

I'm participating in the Readalong for Susan Dennard's novel "Something Strange and Deadly." I finished and reviewed it earlier this week, but for this post I'm answering a couple discussion questions for the last half of the book.  If you haven't read the book, I don't recommend reading this post!

Spoilers Ahead!!!


Question 1: What was the biggest twist in the story for you?

The twist with Eleanor's brother Elijah was a close call as my answer to this question, but  the identity of the evil spirit was the bigger one for me.  I did kinda suspect it though, because I had the misfortune to read something that made me think it was the return of Joseph's nemesis.  But the reveal was very powerful, and such a great moment (as it should be!) that it had more of an impact.  And then I already did suspect Elijah was the one behind everything. :)

Question 2: What would you do if you were in the same situation as Eleanor and her brother?

Well, it is so difficult for Eleanor, because of course she loves her brother, but to find that he's the root of all the horrible things that's been happening is such a blow.  Normally I hate when protagonists have a weakness to not do the things they are absolutely supposed to do, but in this case, because it's her brother, I totally understand Eleanor's attempts to reach him, even though it seemed very unlikely that she could.  From the start, this book sets up how strong their bond is as siblings, so it makes sense that Eleanor hesitates so much, even when so many lives are at stake and what he is doing is so horrible.

Share this post: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr
Scroll Up

0 comments: Comments

Post a Comment